Some of the guidelines which should be followed by every traveller
coming for healthcare purposes to avert any kind of doubts or difficulties–
- Make sure that the hospital where you want to undergo your medical
treatment must be certified and licensed.
- Check for the quality of patient care, gather all probable information
about the doctors that could possibly be involved in your treatment and
cost involved before confirming the hospital. You can always explore
about the hospital on the Internet.
- Learn as much as you can in regard of your procedure and treatment
plan. It is very vital to have genuine expectations from the medical
procedure, pre –post operative care as well as the recovery period.
- Before undergoing any kind of treatment, see your doctor in person.
There is a chance where your doctor may perhaps suggest some other
course of treatment instead of the planned one, depending upon your
- Make a file or a folder of all the necessary documents along with their
photocopy. Keep the originals at a safe place.
- Make another file of all the medical reports, and health records such as
health history, X-rays, photograph, scans, MRI’s immunization records,
etc., that are related to the medical process.
- Make sure you have your Visa and Passport, along with other things
like travelers’ check, credit cards, debit cards, and yes, some local
- Carrying your driver’s license, which is valid till the time of your travel is
Note: Hospitals/doctors do not recommend any kind of medical procedure
without carrying out diagnostic tests of the patient to understand his/her
Pre-Health check Guidelines
- To make the process of health checkup a pleasant experience, adhere
to these guidelines.
- Abstaining from consuming alcohol at least 12 hours prior to health
check is mandatory.
- Carry your medical records that are 1-3 years old and medical
accessories like spectacles, hearing aid and other things you need in
day to day use.
- Inform in advance if you want to undergo additional tests/ investigations/
procedures/ consultations at request or if required so that the Customer
Care Executive can schedule your appointment.
- Inform the medical officer at the time of the Pre-Health Check
Evaluation for suspected pregnancy or any other illness.
- Please do not apply cream, oil, or powder on your chest when you
come for the check-up.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid wearing jewellery like necklaces/
- Wear sports shoes for the Treadmill test (Stress test).
- Arrive early at the hospital as the day will be full of medical tests and
Radiological investigations (X-rays) are not advised in the early stages of
Mammography is usually not recommended for women less than 40 years of
You are advised not to undergo the health check during ongoing menstrual
periods. The results of the urine examination and the PAP smear get altered
during this period.
In case of any of the following, inform the customer care coordinator
- Present/ suspected pregnancy.
- Missed/ delayed periods.
- If you are menstruating, the PAP smear test cannot be done.
- Inform in advance if you are a diabetic/ cardiac patient.
- Kindly carry prescription/ medication along with you if you are taking
- If you are a Diabetic on medication, please take the medication as per
your normal schedule.
- If you suffer from hypertension and take medication, please take the
scheduled medication at 06: 30 am on the day of the checkup.
- If walking on a treadmill is difficult you will be offered Echo
Cardiography in lieu of Treadmill Test (Stress Test).
- If you use contact lenses, please do not wear them on the day of health
- Men may be required to shave their chest for Treadmill Test (Stress